To complete your submission, have the following ready:
- .mp3 files of your single, EP, or album
- .wav files (Producer and/or Engineer categories only)
- Artist/Band biography (max 200 words)
- Photo of artist/band
- Photo of album artwork
- Digital booklet and/or album credits
- Contact information for: publicist, manager, and agent (if applicable)
- Contact information in the event of a nomination (best contact for nominee/ticket information). Please note that if this contact changes a formal request must be made to CARAS that includes an agreement from the original contact.
- Demographic Information (Age, Ethnic Identity, Gender Identity) for solo artists and all band members: This will be collected in mandatory questions, but you will have the option to select “Prefer not to answer.” Please see below for further details under Demographic Information
Specific Criteria by Category
Songwriter, Composer, Producer, Recording Engineer, Album Artwork (Art Director), and Music Video (Video Director), must include:
- Biography (max 200 words)
Songwriter, Francophone, Contemporary Christian/Gospel categories, must include:
- Lyrics of each track (one file, except for Songwriter)
Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Album Artwork (Art Director), and Music Video (Video Director), must include:
- If you are the Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Art Director or Video Director you can indicate this in the submission, if you are not you must include Permission for the submission (written email confirmation from all individuals)
- If you are submitting on behalf of someone else, please ensure to include their scanned signature or an email from them stating they are aware you are making the submission on their behalf.
Traditional Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year or Contemporary Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year, you must include:
- The promotional photograph that was used to market the album being submitted (groups must identify their Indigenous members in the photograph). Illustrations are not acceptable and submissions in question will be asked for additional documentation. Please use this photo in the artist/band photo upload.
- Contact information for two Indigenous community references (ie. Chief or council member or community leader, Elder, local historian, etc.) that recognizes your family lineage is linked to a specific Nation. These individuals must be Indigenous.
- For Contemporary Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year only, you must include a description of how you and/or your group give back to the community (max 200 words).
- For Traditional Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year only, you must include a description about the recorded music you are submitting. Ie. What Nation are you representing with this recording? Where do the songs come from? (max 200 words).
IMPORTANT – PHYSICAL ALBUM SUBMISSIONS:
To receive EARLY BIRD PRICING 12 identical copies of the physical album must be delivered to the CARAS office by 5:00 PM ET October 2, 2023. If delivery by the deadline is missed, the submitter is no longer eligible for early bird pricing.
- To remain eligible all 12 identical copies of the physical album must be delivered to the CARAS office by 5:00 PM ET November 2, 2023. Submissions not received by the final deadline will be disqualified, and are non-refundable.
- CARAS staff may not be present in the office to receive submissions. When sending 12 identical copies of the physical album with a delivery service, submitters MUST REMOVE the signature option. Please make note with the delivery service that packages should be left in the dropbox inside of the building, outside of CARAS’ office door.
IMPORTANT – DIGITAL ONLY ALBUM SUBMISSIONS:
If the submitted album is relelased as digital streaming multimedia, please provide an MP4 of the album cover art to represent the submission for adjudication. This upload is required online via junosubmissions.ca
Children's Album of the Year
- A brief bio of your work as a children’s music artist (max 100 words). Include any awards/nominations, your mission and/or any career highlights.
- Documentation or links to provide evidence of ongoing community engagement with families of young children (i.e. links to Facebook or YouTube live streams or links to online shows or music videos; list of notable touring dates/shows geared towards children 0-9, etc.)
- Any other notable past shows/tours and the years.
Number of submission packages
- Technical categories must be created in separate packages for every individual technical category that is selected in the submission process.
- Exclusive of technical categories, you can include multiple categories together in one package, provided that they follow all other eligibility criteria.
- One submission package can be made for Rap Album/EP of the Year and Rap Single of the Year, if the single is included on the submitted Album project.
- Please create a separate submission package for Rap Single of the Year if the track did not appear on the project submission for Rap Album/EP of the Year.
TD Submissions Access Program
TD is proud to be the presenting partner of the JUNOS Submissions Access Program created by CARAS to support independent Canadian artists from underrepresented communities. The program has been created to assist these artists with the costs involved in submitting their work for consideration for the 2024 JUNO Awards. Approved applicants will not be required to submit payment for the category submissions that are eligible for and approved for through the JUNO Submissions Access Program.
For more information and to apply click here.
CARAS collects demographic information for solo artists and band members (Age, Ethnic Identity, Gender Identity) during the submission process. While you can select “Prefer not to answer” in the submission package, all demographic and personal information collected will be confidential, and will aid CARAS in ensuring its programs are inclusive and diverse.
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This includes name, home address, home phone, fax and cell phone numbers, email address, birth date, age, proof of age, and credit card information. This information also can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual. Business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories are not considered personal information.