Welcome to the 2023 JUNO Awards Submission Portal!
To create an application, select SIGN-UP NOW.
Please note that data is cleared from the site each year. If you have created an account previously you must create a new login.
To complete your submission, have the following ready:
- .mp3 files of your single, EP, or album
- .wav files (Producer and/or Engineer categories only)
- Artist/Band biography (max 200 words)
- Photo of artist/band
- Photo of album artwork
- Digital booklet and/or album credits
- Contact information for: publicist, manager, and agent (if applicable)
- Contact information in the event of a nomination (best contact for nominee/ticket information). Please note that if this contact changes a formal request must be made to CARAS that includes an agreement from the original contact.
- Demographic Information (Age, Ethnic Identity, Gender Identity) for solo artists and all band members: This will be collected in mandatory questions, but you will have the option to select “Prefer not to answer.” Please see below for further details under Demographic Information
Specific Criteria by Category
Songwriter, Composer, Producer, Recording Engineer, Album Artwork (Art Director), and Music Video (Video Director), must include:
- Biography (max 200 words)
Songwriter, Francophone, Contemporary Christian/Gospel categories, must include:
- Lyrics of each track (one file, except for Songwriter)
Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Album Artwork (Art Director), and Music Video (Video Director), must include:
- If you are the Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Art Director or Video Director you can indicate this in the submission, if you are not you must include Permission for the submission (written email confirmation from all individuals)
- If you are submitting on behalf of someone else, please ensure to include their scanned signature or an email from them stating they are aware you are making the submission on their behalf.
Traditional Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year or Contemporary Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year, you must include:
- The promotional photograph that was used to market the album being submitted (groups must identify their Indigenous members in the photograph). Illustrations are not acceptable and submissions in question will be asked for additional documentation. Please use this photo in the artist/band photo upload.
- Contact information for two Indigenous community references (ie. Chief or council member or community leader, Elder, local historian, etc.) that recognizes your family lineage is linked to a specific Nation. These individuals must be Indigenous.
- For Contemporary Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year only, you must include a description of how you and/or your group give back to the community (max 200 words).
- For Traditional Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year only, you must include a description about the recorded music you are submitting. Ie. What Nation are you representing with this recording? Where do the songs come from? (max 200 words).
- 12 copies of the project must be in the CARAS office by 5pm ET on deadline day, or it will be disqualified. If submitting by the early bird deadline, they must be in the CARAS Office by 5pm ET on the early bird deadline day.
Children's Album of the Year
- A brief bio of your work as a children’s music artist (max 100 words). Include any awards/nominations, your mission and/or any career highlights.
- Documentation or links to provide evidence of ongoing community engagement with families of young children (i.e. links to Facebook or YouTube live streams or links to online shows or music videos; list of notable touring dates/shows geared towards children 0-9, etc.)
- Any other notable past shows/tours and the years.
Number of submission packages
- Technical categories must be created in separate packages for every individual technical category that is selected in the submission process.
- Exclusive of technical categories, you can include multiple categories together in one package, provided that they follow all other eligibility criteria.
- One submission package can be made for Rap Album/EP of the Year and Rap Single of the Year, if the single is included on the submitted Album project.
- Please create a separate submission package for Rap Single of the Year if the track did not appear on the project submission for Rap Album/EP of the Year.
TD JUNOS Submissions Access Program
TD is proud to sponsor the TD JUNOS Submissions Access Program. With support from TD, the program was created by CARAS to support independent Canadian artists, from underrepresented communities, to help cover the cost of submission fees for the 2023 JUNO Awards in up to five JUNO Award Categories.
Approved applicants will have their submission fees waived. New this year, successful TD JUNOS Submissions Access Program applicants who become JUNO Award nominees are eligible to receive $1,500 CAD from TD, to help offset expenses associated with traveling to and attending The 2023 JUNO Awards. For more information and to apply click here.
CARAS collects demographic information for solo artists and band members (Age, Ethnic Identity, Gender Identity) during the submission process. While you can select “Prefer not to answer” in the submission package, all demographic and personal information collected will be confidential, and will aid CARAS in ensuring its programs are inclusive and diverse.
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This includes name, home address, home phone, fax and cell phone numbers, email address, birth date, age, proof of age, and credit card information. This information also can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual. Business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories are not considered personal information.