To complete your submission, have the following ready:
- .mp3 files of your single, EP, or album
- .wav files (Producer and/or Engineer only)
- Artist/Band biography (max 200 words)
- Photo of artist/band
- Photo of album artwork
- Digital booklet and/or album credits
- Contact information for: publicist, manager, and agent (if applicable)
- Contact information in the event of a nomination (best contact for nominee/ticket information)
- If submitting on behalf of a Songwriter, Composer, Producer, Recording Engineer, Art Director (Album Artwork), and Video Director (Video), you must include:
- Biography (max 200 words)
- If submitting to Songwriter, Francophone, Contemporary Christian/Gospel, you must include:
- Lyrics of each track (one file, except for Songwriter)
- If submitting to Indigenous Artist or Group of the Year, you must include:
- The promotional photograph that was used to market the album being submitted (groups
must identify their Indigenous members in the photograph). Illustrations are not
acceptable and submissions in question will be asked for additional documentation. Please use this photo in the artist/band photo upload.
- Contact information for two people who can verify the Indigenous ancestry of the solo act
or group members (i.e. status cards are not required and the contact people do not have
to be elected officials of an Indigenous Nation).
- If submitting on behalf of a Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Album Artwork (Art Director), and Video (Video Director), you must include:
- Permission (written email confirmation from all individuals)
- If you are the Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Art Director or Video Director you can indicate this in the submission. If you are submitting on behalf of someone else, please ensure to include their scanned signature or an email from them stating they are aware you are making the submission for them.
- If submitting to Album Artwork, 12 copies of the project must be in the CARAS office by 5pm ET on deadline day, or it will be disqualified.
IMPORTANT INFO - PLEASE READ:
Due to the ongoing restrictions surrounding COVID-19, there will not be CARAS staff in the office on an ongoing basis to receive submissions. If you are sending your product by courier, you MUST REMOVE the signature option. Please aim to send any product by courier on WEDNESDAYS of each week ONLY until submissions close. You can make note for the delivery service that they can leave the box outside the door if no staff are in at the time.
If you are sending your product by mail, it may take time to mark them as received so we appreciate your patience.
If CARAS does not receive your physical product and form by 5pm ET on deadline day, your submission will be disqualified.
- If submitting to Children's Album of the Year, you must include a document with the following information:
- A brief bio of your work as a children’s music artist (max 100 words). Include any awards/nominations, your mission and/or any career highlights.
- Documentation or links to provide evidence of ongoing community engagement with families of young children (i.e. links to Facebook or YouTube live streams or links to online shows or music videos; list of notable touring dates/shows geared towards children 0-9, etc.)
- Any other notable past shows/tours and the years.